Our Boho Baby Shower 10.3.15


This past weekend my friends and family helped me throw me the most amazing baby shower! I wanted a simple all white baby shower with some pops of greenery and light pink. I love the boho look and really wanted to incorporate that into the decor. I wanted a simple and clean look. We were originally supposed to have outside on the patio but due to the weather and possibly hurricane we decided to move it inside. We definitely made it work and brought the outside in!! They definitely helped made everything amazing!! Here are details of all the decor :)

Mommy to Be Backdrop
 
I originally wasn't going to have a backdrop since it was supposed to be outside. When we moved it inside we quickly had to DIY a backdrop area in my mom's living room. We decided to use the fire place. We covered it with white curtains and made a burlap backdrop with tissue paper flowers to cover the TV and fire place. It was really easy to make!! We took cardboard from a box and covered it with burlap. The tissue ball flowers my friend made. A tutorial to make those flower can be found here. We then pinned it onto the board and hung the burlap backdrop on the TV. We added some simple decor with vases and greenery. On the side we added this amazing diaper cake my cousin made for me! For the mommy to be sign we got printed card stock from target and hand wrote Mommy to Be. I loved the subtle hints of pink!

Centerpieces
 
For centerpieces, I wanted it mostly filled with natural greenery. But I also didn't want to spend too much money. I love the simplicity of baby's breath and thought it be a cute flower to have at a baby shower ;) I then got these long vases and succulent plants from IKEA to fill up the tables. Then we added a touch of pink with carnations in the vases. I love burlap and we used these burlap runners from my friends shower to add to the nature look of the event. 


Dessert Table
 
I love dessert tables!! I found this idea obviously on pinterest and decided to copy it exactly! We got the wooden plank from Michaels and my friend painted Sweet Love on it. We made the backdrop really simply with these white curtains (4.99 for 2!) from IKEA. For the actual dessert table I got these white crates, the bird cage and decor pieces from Michaels and IKEA. I then placed all the desserts on white or clean plates. For the cake, we ordered a simple flower design cake from Wegmans!
Cookies made by my talented friend Binita from @TopthatCookie www.topthatcookie.com

Activity Stations & Favors
Baby Shower games and activities are always so much fun. My friend, Sejuti found this amazing idea to make headbands for the baby. Everyone made headbands for the baby, inshAllah and put their name on a tag so inshAllah when she wears it, it'll be a small gift from the :) We also did guess how many honeycombs game for fun!! We also had the "don't say baby" game. That was definitely a lot of fun to hear everyone getting everyone else pins! For favors we purchased these honey jars from Amazon. Something simple and sweet :)

 

Really the best baby shower I could ever dream of. Now it's just the final stretch!! Keep us in your prayers. 

with love,
sania

 

 


 







Comments

  1. Congratulations! You look beautiful mashAllah, love the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Read! As a recent convert in the west it is important to pay to stay modest and fashionable. I found a great hijab store online. It has become my favorite hijab shop online. I found the best quality hijabs including chiffon hijabs and jersey hijabs great long modest skirts on this online hijab store. I recommend this hijab fashion shop for quality hijabs. It is by far my favorite online hijab shop.
    I recently found a great online hijab store. It is my new favorite hijab fashion shop. They also have a range of the best quality hijabs and great quality chiffon hijabs and jersey hijabs. I love shopping at this hijab store online. They have great service and quick shipping. I recommend this hijab store to every Muslim woman. I love the variety this hijab shop carries!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning outfit dear! And I adore these Ideas they fall under my taste ^_^
    All the best!
    Aqeelah

    aqeelahlin.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just heard on the news how the animals are killed when fur coats are made, and I was appalled. The are beaten over the head and skinned alive. Sick. This leads me to my quesiton. Why do people feel the need to wear real fur coats, when fake fur looks practically identical? Are some people so selfish, that they would wear a coat made from an animal that died in vain, just to be stylish?
    fur coats for sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your informative writing.
    Get up to 30%-70% Discount from FZillion.com on all selected brands Women's Coats
    . USA Free shipping and free return. 75 days Return
    Policy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts