Winter Trends + Holiday Outfit Ideas

Top: Cotton on//Leather Pants: H&M//
Snood:Forever 21//Bag: Zara
salaam:)

Happy Holidays everyone!! I know some of us may not celebrate some them but its still a time I know all families love to get together since most of us are on vacation! Usually winter is my least favorite season in terms of cold weather and because of fashion but this year round I'm loving all the trends this season. I wanted to wait to show you some of my outfits but then the holidays would be over...So I'll share some trends and ideas I'll be using myself:] Enjoy!!
1) Sparkle
Sequin

This is definitely one of my favorite trends. A little sparkle cant hurt someone..right? If you want to be daring like myself I would invest in sequin pants or a sequin blazer. I found a few at Forever 21 and at H&M. They are cropped but since I'm short they actually fit me perfectly:) If you want some sparkle in your outfit then definitely go for a sweater or tank with jeans or a plain skirt. And lastly, if you want minimal then opt for a sequined clutch or flats/heels! It reminds me of the sparkle in snow during the winter time and I just absolutely love it! You want to keep in mind that some sequin can look flashy so I would recommend picking sequined items in neutral colors like the ones above. 
2) Pastels
Pastels
This is probably the easiest trend to incorporate since these colors were just in last spring/summer! I have mint skinnies that I'll definitely be wearing during this season! The above skirt is from urban outfitters and on sale for only $39! However, I recently bought the peach one and in the store it was only $29!! I already have it in emerald green but I could not let go of this steal. Pastel sweaters are super comfy and ideal for school or can be paired with a skirt. I absolutely love these snood scarves which can add a little bit of character to a simple outfit and plus they keep you super warm.

3) Statement Blazer
Statement Blazer

The blazer is a trend that has been around for a few years now and is not going away! It just keeps transforming with the new styles and textures. The one in the left corner is a jacquard/brocade blazer, my favorite, and new for this season! When wearing any of the above statement blazers its best to pair it with all black or neutrals. You want it to pop and if you're wearing too many colors it'll take attention away from this piece. I've styled one of these below!

4) Printed Pants
Printed Pants
The last trend that continues into winter from last few seasons is printed pants. Floral continues this season but with a darker tone such the one above with a black base and light flowers instead of bright pinks and blues. I love this pair from H&M. For more of an edgy look pick up camo printed pants which can be paired with a white tee and a leather jacket or blazer. The bottom two are also brocade/jacquard printed pants. I've styled one below using these Forever 21 pants that I recently purchased myself:)

Holiday Outfit Ideas:


Holiday # 2Holiday 4
Holiday 3Holiday Outfit 1


1) Jacquard Pants: I'll definitely be wearing this outfit in the upcoming days. Its my favorite combination of colors with a pop of red and some sequin too. This outfit is perfect for a friends holiday party. 
2) Statement Blazer: When styling a statement blazer like this, always remember to make everything else simple with neutrals. The blazer should pop and be the center of the whole outfit. For a little edge, add some studded or spiked flats. This outfit can definitely be worn at a work holiday party showing some style and class. 
3) Soft Pastels: I have this skirt and will probably be styling it very similar. Just because its winter, doesn't mean you can't wear floral! This is perfect for a family holiday lunch. 
4) Sequined: This is my favorite outfit.The pants have enough shine and detail so keep jewelry at minimal and shoes simple. Gray is definitely my neutral color for winter. I would definitely wear this on new years. Its exciting and risky and perfect for starting the new year. 

Wooooh! That was a lot of information. Since I barely posted during the semester, I'll definitely be making up for it during my month off from school! I hope this gives you all some cute ideas for the upcoming weeks. My next post will be some outfits that I'll be wearing this upcoming week. 

stay warm,

sania

Comments

Popular Posts