Cali Fun + Fashion Fighting Famine 2013

This is definitely long overdue! About a month ago I took an amazing trip to San Diego, California. My family was going on a family vacation and coincidentally went around the same time as the Fashion Fighting Famine Show! Here some of the places I went and all the outfits I wore:

San Diego
This was my favorite city! The views, the weather, the people--absolutely everything was beautiful! There was a certain warm breeze in the air that I've never felt anywhere else. I'm wearing the same outfit in few of the pictures because we just took one day and went to all the scenic views in San Diego all in one day.
Mt. Soledad:

La Jolla Cove:
 
Balboa Park:


Sunset Cliffs
We ended the day with a beautiful sunset at sunset cliffs! It was a little cloudy but we caught a quick glimpse of it before it set. 



Treasure Island, Laguna Beach:
Right before we went to the airport on our last day, we visited this beautiful beach. This was the most breathtaking beach I have ever been too. It was so clean, the people were so friendly and it was not crowded at all. We even saw a wedding take place on the rocks along with a photo shoot for a girl's Quincenera.



Los Angeles:
We visited LA for a day. It was fun visiting and can definitely take it off my bucket list but don't really plan on going there again. It was pretty crowded, hot and a lot of traffic. Nonetheless, we had a good time. We first went to Universal Studios and also went to go see the Hollywood Sign. 

 

Fashion Fighting Famine:
Last, but not least. I was so excited to have attended and been a part of Fashion Fighting Famine Show! It was so nice being surrounded by like minded Muslim Women who want to maintain a balance between fashion and faith. I bought a beautiful floral dress from Inayah Boutique which I will be featuring very soon! They had an amazing bazaar with the items from the fashion show and from some other designers as well. All the pieces were modest yet fashionable as well. My favorite was a black jumpsuit by Abayah Addict that had spiked shoulders (It is not on their website but available to email by order!) Check out all the other designer on the Fashion Fighting Famine website and the runway pictures as well! It was lovely meeting Yuna and other fashion/makeup bloggers such as Winnie Detwa, YaztheSpaz, Nura, Hani Hulu and many more! 

  
  
 
                          Photo credit: Hani Hulu

Lastly, my favorite picture of all!
Featuring: Rayan Designers, Yaz the Spaz, Sana Rashid, Winnie Detwa, Owner of Nisaa Boutique, Hani Hulu and some other fabulous girls I met!!

with love,
sania

Comments

Popular Posts