Safa's Classic Pooh First Birthday



I cannot believe my daughter, Safa already is 1 years old! We celebrated her actual birthday at home just me, her and Shayan. This past weekend we had a small party with our closest family and friends. I jumped around with a few ideas but ended up doing a Rustic, Winnie the Pooh inspired theme. It was similar to my boho baby shower but wanted to make it feel like a first birthday. It was so easy to put together and hope I can give you some inspiration too!

DESSERT TABLE 
Ballons: Party City // Frame, Pot: IKEA // S and Plates: TJ Maxx // Teddy Bears: Amazon //  Tree & Menu Board: Target Garlands: Hobby Lobby
For the dessert table, I kept everything simple and clean with white plates and rustic accents. I added some Winnie the Pooh details with Pooh and Tigger stuffed animals, a quote from Winnie the Pooh in a frame and Hunny Pots I painted myself. I added some greenery with fake succulents, hanging leaves backdrop and a mini tree. The backdrop I made from garlands from Hobby Lobby which i hung with twine from a branch from my backdrop. The letter S and red plates are from TJ Maxx; the Menu board and mini tree are from Target and the frame and Hunny pots are from IKEA. The balloons are so in right now and decided it be a easy add on to bring everything together. Most desserts we either bought or made at home. My friend, Fatima made this beautiful Naked Cake for me!




CENTERPIECES 

These centerpieces were so easy to make! I got these terra cotta pots from IKEA for 2.99 and painted them to mimic the Hunny pots from Winnie the Pooh. I added some fresh baby breath to bring in some greenery. The frames are also from IKEA that were only 1.99. The mini honey jars I bought in bulk of 12 from Amazon. The table runners are actually table covers I cut in half that are also from Amazon. My favorite part was the frame with the quotes from Winnie the Pooh. I found all these free printables on Pinterest! A super easy centerpiece. This all came out to about 10 dollars for each table. 



PARTY FAVORS & DECOR

For the party favors, I continued the Hunny Pot Theme. I also painted these. I only made about 20 of them for the little kids. I bought these Terra Cotta Pots in bulk from Amazon as well. For the older kids I made regular goody bags with candy. In the Hunny Pots I included crayons, coloring pages, candy and some little toys. We printed the thank you tags at home as well. Each party favor came out to about 5 dollars!


I found this chalk sign from Joanna Fabric on sale for only 6 bucks! It was exactly what I need for the  100 Aker Woods Sign!!


 
I added some more Wiinie the Pooh details with a map of 100 Akre Woods which included Safa's One Year Milestones and Favorite Things! I definitely couldn't forge the solo red balloon!

I made a monthly banner garland of Safa's past year. All you need is twine, clothespins and the actual pictures. 

The party came out exactly as I wanted. Safa was a champ mashAllah and stayed awake and in a good mood the whole time! We really appreciated everyone coming out to celebrate with us. Safa is loved by so many amazing people. Hope you all get some inspo!

With Love,
Sania








Comments

  1. Salam Sania,
    I am a new mom and new to blogging. Stumbled upon your instagram not long ago and from there found your blog.
    This is a great post with beautiful photos! Everything looks perfect. Happy birthday to your princess! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admiring the time and energy you put into your blog and in depth information you offer. It�s good to come across a blog every once in a while that isn�t the same old rehashed material. Fantastic read! I�ve bookmarked your site and I�m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account. my review here

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made some decent points there. I looked on the internet for the issue and found most guys will go along with with your website. slim fit cargo pants

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts