Modest Maternity Must-Haves!

Alhamdulillah, as you might have seen on my insta, I am expecting! It's definitely been hard not blogging about my journey but I definitely wanted to wait until I was further along. I am so excited and can't wait to share my journey. So throughout my pregnancy, I definitely feel there are some must haves to make it through. A huge part of me just always wants to wear sweats, and I definitely did in the beginning! But now especially with a little bump, I love dressing it up! Here are my first 5 Maternity Must Haves!
1. Maxi Dresses
I definitely live in maxi dresses as most pregnant woman do! The best part is that these days it is really easy to find long sleeves maxi dresses. For me, at least so far, I have been wearing regular clothes and just went up a size or two. I'm sure by the third trimester, I might have to get one or two maternity dresses. However, for now, a medium or large in regular clothes, does the job! These were definitely my savior during these hot summer days. 

Dress: Boutique in Turkey
Dress: Forever 21 // Bag, Shoes, Scarf: Zara
Dress: H&M // Scarf & Shoes: Target
similar here, here and here

2. Long Tunics
Tunic & Pants: Forever 21 // Scarf: Zara
These are particularly ideal for first and second trimester before the bump really starts to make an appearance. It is harder to find these in maternity size so regular size tunics will last you during the first 6 months. I still am wearing these, especially to work, but I can see in a month or so most of them not fitting me. These are in most stores and are perfect with tights or boyfriend jeans!



3. Comfortable Flats
This is probably one of the most obvious items you would want while pregnant. It is definitely important to keep comfortable flats with you. I got these from Target and have other ones that I found at TJ Maxx that are affordable and really comfortable. I personally never liked heels so during pregnancy, I really only wear flats. Since you'll be sticking to flats often, definitely invest in a good pair. 
Top: Joyce Leslie // Pants: Forever 21 // Scarf: Charlotte Russe // Shoes: Target // Bag: Zara
Dress: Zara // Scarf: Charlotte Russe // Shoes: Target
4. Stretch Leggings
Top: Forever 21 // Scarf: Urban Outfitters // Shoes: Forever 21
If you're wearing maxi dresses and long tunics, you obviously need leggings to go with. Bottoms are the hardest during pregnancy mainly because once you hit month 5 or 6, most bottoms stop fitting. Up till now, I was wearing my regular leggings. However, with bump growing day by date (literally!) I bought some maternity leggings from H&M. I used to think that maternity band on the stomach was weird, but let me tell you...it is amazing!! It is super comfortable and also rounds out the belly underneath your shirts. 

5.  Maternity Jeans
H&M
Last, but not least, we can't forget some classic jeans! Here, we have two options. Either you can buy maternity jeans or you can get waist expanders for your regular changes. It really all depends where you gain weight. If you gain weight just on you belly, you will do just fit with waist expanders that you can attach to all your pants. If you started to gain weight on your hips and thighs, then investing in one or two pairs of maternity jeans might be a good idea. I bought maternity jeans from H&M and the waist expander from amazon. Just depending on the type of jeans, some jeans still fit and some don't. So why not get both?

If you have been pregnant, what are some of your must haves? If not, try these out and let me know how it works!

with love,
sania<3

Comments

  1. Aw Mashallah, congratulations! You'll be a stylish mommy Inshallah haha x

    bohorush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love reading about her flower girl experience. too precious!! she looks too cute in that dress. excellent choice.
    occasion dresses

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your informative writing.
    Get up to 30%-70% Discount from FZillion.com on all selected brands Women's Coats
    . USA Free shipping and free return. 75 days Return
    Policy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts