Safa's Soft and Sweet Nursery


She's here!! Alhamdulilah, I gave birth to a beautiful daughter, Safa Rehana Rashid on 12/13/15. I've been working on her nursery for some time now and could not wait to share it with everyone. I wanted to keep it simple with a neutral pallet with small touches of pink. I started off with all the furniture being white and the rest of the room being nude. I slowly added touches of pink and gold as we added decor to the nursery. 

CRIB
I chose those simple crib by Babyletto in white. I wanted something elegant yet also functional throughout the years. This converts into a toddler bed as well! The wall behind the crib, I found these gold stickers on Etsy by Wall Tribe that me and my husband carefully placed one by one on the wall. Yes, it took about 2 hours--but totally worth it! I originally wanted to add a net canopy over her crib but my husband convinced me that may not be the safest option. I then researched online for cheap name signs and i found this one at Craft Cuts! I chose to get unpainted and just painted it myself in pink.  

MOMMY AREA

I knew I wanted a comfy rocking chair as we would be spending a lot of our timings there. I love this chair I got from Target, actually also made by Babyletto. I was in between a rocking chair and a glider but opted with a glider and happy I did. If you are tall though, this chair may not be for you as it does not have much neck support but doesn't bother me too much! I got the foot rest from Target as well. This sweet love sign was a DIY from my baby shower that my friend hand painted! It went perfectly for our nursing area!

SEATING

The room we have for Safa is clearly pretty big. We wanted to add some extra seating but wanted it to be multifunctional so we got this IKEA day bed. It pulls out to almost a queen size bed. The first few weeks when our moms came to stay and help us out, both me and my husband slept in here and gave our bedroom as a guest room. It also adds extra storage. The pillows, mostly are also from IKEA and the covers as well. The pink and and gold pillow are actually from H&M.The beige and taupe pillows are from TJ Maxx and Marshalls. I got sheer white and pink curtains because I want her room to have natural light and didn't want it to be so dark. It has this pink peacefulness, I wish it was my room!

DRESSING & WALL DECOR


Last but not least I combined her dressing table and changing table into one. I never saw a purpose of just a changing table. It just takes up extra space! I also got this dresser from IKEA. The changing pad and cover are from Target. I chose to a wall art gallery. The frames are mostly from IKEA as well and a few from Target. (Also, yes I realize the pink one is crooked, lol) Most of the pink I added is on this wall. I kept the pink touches only to decor that could be later changed if another one comes along or if I just feel like changing her room! 
Digital Print: @Fatimahzahraprints

SAFA's READING NOOK

This last part is still under construction. How cute is this crate?! Our friends made us this crate with her name on it with a bunch of goodies inside and I used it for all the books she got from the baby shower. InshAllah I plan to add a little chair and other accessories when she starts crawling and walking around. 


Hope you liked this post and got some inspiration!


Comments

  1. Love the nursery Sania! I was wondering which dresser/changing table did you get from IKEA? Thank you in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just looking for some websites with really cute dresses, because I LOVE dresses and they give me self confidence, lol, but the ones in my stores are really expensive! My mom won't let me buy a dress for forty dollars, she refuses right away! :) I've been looking on some websites lately, on Forever 21 I found some pretty ones and I most recently am searching on YesStyle, but their cheaper ones aren't my style, though the ones that range from twenty to forty dollars are, lol!
    cheap womens dresses

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts